Monday, August 31, 2009

I am Alexander Supertramp

What if I were smiling and running into your arms?
Would you see then what I see now?


-----------------------------------------------------

I read somewhere... how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong... but to feel strong.


Some people feel like they don't deserve love. They walk away quietly into empty spaces, trying to close the gaps of the past.

It should not be denied that being footloose has always exhilarated us. It is associated in our minds with escape from history and oppression and law and irksome obligations. Absolute freedom. And the road has always led west.

-----------------------------------------------------

Just finished watching this movie (Into The Wild). I cannot describe how insightful, moving, and saddening I found this story to be. I somehow feel a connection with both Chris McCandless and Aleander Supertramp and yet cant even being to imagine his inner workings, desires, and thoughts. Ultimately his story is a tragic one that brought me a strange happiness and left me with a better understanding of real courage.

Please see this movie.

-----------------------------------------------------


Might be a very long time before I return South...
I now walk into the wild.




Chris McCandless
1968-1992

0 comments: