Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Met Him At The Candy Store

I have always been certain that my life has a soundtrack...
(part uno)

Today we shall focus on OLDIES as they make me super, super happy. Here are my insights to some of the best songs of all time (in no particular order).


1. 'Sherry' - Frankie Valli & the 4 Seasons
Holy shit do I love this song... it lights up my life... I mean seriously brightens even the gloomiest of days. R can tell the minute he sees me if Ive been listening to it, although that is likely because I cant stop singing it (yes I sing the highest of notes, quite loudly, and quite terribly).
Speaking of FV & the 4S... most all songs are on my top favs list...
'Big Girls Dont Cry' (we dont)
'Walk Like a Man' (bye ey baby)
'December, 1963'... which I learned from the musical Jersey Boys (holy s go see this show, it was amazing!!!) that this song is about the first time... w/a prostitute none the less.

















2. 'A Little Bit of Soap' - The Jarmels
Potentially the best, most poignant song ever sung (especially when nursing a broken heart). I heart this song so much I dont even know how to explain, so I wont try.













3. 'Leader of the Pack' -
This song has it all... love, angry conventional parents, candy stores, motorcycle accidents, & gossip girls (down, down)... who could ask for more. Plus this is a classic 2 person sing along, A and I have been known to bring this classic to life (especially when driving a hell of a long way to see a shitty local band at a venue that doesnt serve alcohol with a tool in the backseat).
'Is she really going out with him?
I dont know, there she is lets asssskkk her.
Betty, is that Jimmy's ring youre wearing?
Mmmhmmm
Gee, it must be great riding with him.
Is he pciking you up after school today?
Hmmmhmm
By the way, where'd you meet him?"


















4. 'Rave On' - Buddy Holly & The Crickets
This song is probably the theme song, from the soundtrack, to my life. Not only does his voice crack perfectly, his glasses are tops. I think it says a lot that he made such an impact on the music world in his short time here. I have a genuine hole in my heart when I think about him, and often wonder what would have happened if he hadnt won the coin toss. Many BH songs are also on my top favs...
'Everyday' (I heart rollercoasters)
'Oh, Boy!' (and no, its not gay)





















Boy, blogging is tiring... Heres some more, I'll get straight to the point.

5. 'Party Doll' - Buddy Knox

6. 'Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?' - The Shirelles
A good cheating song, ps. they will Never actually love you tomorrow.

7. 'Be My Baby' - The Ronettes

8. 'If You Wanna Be Happy'
Bahaha... best song evs.

9. 'Why Do Fools Fall in Love?' - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers
Why do birds sing so gay?

10. 'Run Around Sue' - Dion
My old role-model.

11. 'Book of Love' - The Monotones
Uhhh.

12. 'He's a Rebel' - The Crystals

13. 'Yakety Yak' - The Coasters
Theme song for wives with mean husbands, adult bedtime is also typcially inforced.

14. 'My Boyfriends Back' - The Angels

15. 'Happy Happy Birthday Baby' - The Tune Weavers
Beautiful, sorrowful, and uplifting.

OMG I completely forgot to mention 'Running Bear' - Johnny Preston
I heart little white dove... and now I work for many little white doves... helping them get money to build teepees! ha.


WORD.









0 comments: